Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] No VMX-guests on Intel Xeon/VT

Hi,

>I think Thorolf wanted to know if he needs to build xen3 on a host with
>a vt processor or if he can use generic xen3 packages for his
well, the question is if I have to build XEN by my own at all or if I can use pre compiled binary tars from xensource (xen-3.0.1-install-x86_64.tgz) if I want VMX, VNC etc.

>But as already mentioned by Daniel, you need vncserver devel-libraries
>and maybe (if you want to use this feature) sdl devel libraries.
I installed them both now, SDL works, VNC not and the w2k3-installation that should work hangs the whole system if I start it with SDL for the second time now :-(

>I haven't used suse for years, but I would be very suprised if there >would be no libvncserver-devel packages for suse. maybe they just have It's definitvly not in SuSE Linux 10.1 Beta2 OSS, but I found it on SL 10.0 and on the SLES 10 Beta!

>check the compile output for something like this (not at the beginning, >this is shown in middle of the compile process, so logging your
>compile output might help):
>VNC support       yes
>SDL support       yes
OK, this will be the next step, seems that I have to compile it by my self!

Thanks a lot for your tips!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf