Re: [Xen-users] Resizing Freebsd mdroot domU, on a RHEL4 dom0 machine.

To: Michael Montgomery <mmontgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Resizing Freebsd mdroot domU, on a RHEL4 dom0 machine.
From: Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:09:17 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:19:48 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael Montgomery wrote:
I've gotten freebsd 7.0 domU working using the files here:
http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/7.0/downloads
on a rhel4 system using xen-3.0.0-7.1_rhel4.1 rpms.

but the root filesystem for freebsd is quite small:

demo# df -h | grep /
/dev/xbd1793a    496M    274M    182M    60%    /

I'm wanting to resize the mdroot filesystem, but am unsure how. I have no issues resizing ext* loopback files, but don't really know a procedure to get something like 'growfs' to work on a loopback file on freebsd.

Does anyone have any pointers/URLs?

Thanks for any help you could offer.

You could extend the loop and if ufs2 supports online resizing resize in the guest.

I do not know of any tools for Linux to manipulate the UFS2 filesystem.

Thank you,
Matt Ayres