[Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.0 with NetBSD ?

To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.0 with NetBSD ?
From: FoREE at AEGIS <foree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:16:00 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netbsd-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:46:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
I have a Xen machine (running Debian/Linux) and I would like to
install a NetBSD domU (a Xen host).

I followed http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/NetBSDdomU and it fails
when I 'xm create':

ERROR: Will only load images built for Xen v3.0
ERROR: Actually saw:
'GUEST_OS=netbsd,GUEST_VER=2.0,XEN_VER=2.0,LOADER=generic,BSD_SYMTAB'
ERROR: Error constructing guest OS

OK, apparently, NetBSD only works with Xen 2.0 (Xen 3.0 was issued a
few weeks before).

Now, I have to choose: either wiping out Xen 3.0 and downgrading to
Xen 2.0 *or* waiting for a NetBSD image with Xen 3.0 support.

My question is: do you think I can expect the NetBSD for Xen 3.0 image
in the next weeks or should I be more patient and still use Xen 2.0 in
the mean time?

Also a question of mine would be what about Xen3.0 as dom0 on NetBSD? Should I wait or it cannot be expected within a few weeks?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
FoREE