RE: [Xen-users] Xen reboots on booting

To: "BugOne S" <bugone82@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen reboots on booting
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:35:07 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:47:46 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My guess would be that something do with device handling is different...

If you add a "noreboot" option to the line in grub.conf with
kernel=<some place>/xen-<some version>
Perhaps, if you have access to a second machine, also use "console=com1"
and "com1=115200,8n1" and "sync_console"  and connect the serial port of
the Xen-system to another machine, running for example Minicom or
Windows Hyperterminal to see what's being written - this makes it easier
to capture the output from the console.

My guess would be that it doesn't find the root device or crashes during
"init".

--
Mats