Re: [Xen-users] xend error

Am Freitag, 20. Januar 2006 16:07 schrieb Jean-Michel Caricand:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed xen 3.0 binary on my Debian sarge. When I start
> xend, I get these errors :
>
> -------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 111, in ?
>     sys.exit(main())
>   File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 93, in main
>     return daemon.start()
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py",
> line 505, in start
>     self.daemonize()
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py",
> line 475, in daemonize
>     os.setsid()
> OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
> -------------
>
> Have you ideas ?

hard to say,you should take a look at /var/log/xend.log for more details.

I would say some xen python libraries are missing or at the wrong spot or
something like that. But could be something else too.

If you are interessted, you can also install (inoffical) xen3 debian packages
which are known to work and which I can support ;-P

But you should remove your broken xen3 setup first. Otherwise there could be
some strange side effects.

check http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-01/msg00641.html
for more information.

> Jean-Michel Caricand