Re: [Xen-users] kernel compile

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] kernel compile
From: Ralph Passgang <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:34:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:42:26 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2006 20:32 schrieb Michael Hrivnak:
> I'm having a tough time compiling a new kernel for xen 2.0.7.  Even without
> changing any options from the original .config, I get the following errors.
> I've tried with gcc4 and gcc3.4.  Any thoughts?  This is on Mandriva 2006.
>
> I've found several accounts of similar errors via google, but no solutions.

I also having exactly that error on a recent debian sid/unstable. xen 2.0.7
compiled on debian unstable at least until 31.08.05, since (at least)
29.09.05 it's failing with the same asm errors. a build log is available at
http://packages.debianbase.de/sid/i386/xen/xen_2.0.7-2.error

It is exactly the same source package with same kernel config that "suddently"
fails in a clean auto build environment. I also think that it has nothing to
do with gcc directly, but I am not 100% sure about that, but I think I
checked it and the gcc versions didn't changes between the two dates I
mentioned. So to be honest, I don't have clue what's wrong...

I can provided detailed information about installed packages and libraries
(needed as dependencies) and more... but for me personaly xen 2 is not very
important anymore, because of xen3 :)

> Thanks,
> Michael

--Ralph