[Xen-users] Xen 3.0 without udev

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 without udev
From: "Stephen Childs" <childss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:45:42 -0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:53:27 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was trying to upgrade an off-site production server to Xen 3.0 today in
order to get PAE support. I succeeded in getting Domain 0 to work but was
getting the following errors when creating Domain Us:

Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working

The domain seemed to start but I couldn't connect using xm console.

After digging around it seems that this is probably due to the lack of
udev. This machine is running an ancient OS (RH9ish) and I don't have time
to upgrade it on this visit. Is there any way the Xen 3.0 tools can be
made to work on such a dinosaur so I can create and manage domains? I am
reverting to Xen 2.0.7 for now and so losing 4 GB of memory :-(

Stephen
--
Dr. Stephen Childs,
Research Fellow, EGEE Project,    phone:                    +353-1-6081797