Re: [Xen-users] Xen handling of graphics card

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen handling of graphics card
From: Jean-Eric <jec@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:55:03 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:01:50 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xen offers vga emulation through a VNC backend. The Xen-Windows video driver you speak of would probably just be a VNC driver that turns graphic commands directly into VNC encoding rather than traversing the VGA emulation layer. Perhaps this beast already exists? Maybe this is

You mean that Xen has it own VNC server embedded?
Or does it depend on an external one managed by the OS?

impossible? I wonder what its performance would be compared to xen vga-emulation and the regular VNC server?

All that said, I'm sure xen vga-emulation and regular VNC servers are good enough for most purposes.

I don't see how Windows will work in Xen without such a thing. A graphic card is *mandatory* with Windows...
Or do I misunderstand something?
-jec