AW: [Xen-users] Fibre Channel Problem

ok, i'll try to make everything clearer...

with the FC Card, many utils are comeing with. E.g HP_RESCAN wich means that the FC cards are listed after typing this command in.

When I start the redhat system, not the xen kernel , the output looks like this:

[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]# hp_rescan -l
/proc/scsi/qla2xxx/0
/proc/scsi/qla2xxx/1
[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]#

In this kernel, the card is working and all drives are attached.

The lsmod command results this in the Redhat kernel:
login as: root
root@ingcsmdb02's password:
Last login: Tue Jan 10 14:09:56 2006 from ingpc50889.eu.boehringer.com

RHN kickstart on 2005-12-13

[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]#
[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]#
[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]#
[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]#
[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]# lssd
[root@ingcsmdb02 ~]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
md5                     4033  1
ipv6                  234881  12
parport_pc             24577  1
lp                     12077  0
parport                37129  2 parport_pc,lp
autofs4                23237  0
i2c_dev                11329  0
i2c_core               22081  1 i2c_dev
sunrpc                159269  1
microcode               6881  0
button                  6481  0
battery                 8901  0
ac                      4805  0

ohci_hcd               21713  0
shpchp                 82373  0
tg3                    89541  0
floppy                 58481  0
dm_snapshot            16901  0
dm_zero                 2369  0
dm_mirror              27825  0
ext3                  116809  8
jbd                    71385  1 ext3
dm_mod                 56661  12 dm_snapshot,dm_zero,dm_mirror
qla6312               115137  0
qla2300               124481  0
qla2xxx               179297  2 qla6312,qla2300
lpfc                  157981  0
scsi_transport_fc       7873  2 qla2xxx,lpfc
cciss                  59525  3
sd_mod                 17217  0
scsi_mod              121293  5 qla2xxx,lpfc,scsi_transport_fc,cciss,sd_mod

But in the Xen kernel nothis of all this is listed!

Thomas Diederich

*  Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG
*  A Informationsverarbeitung / Diplomant Systemtechnik
*

*  Mail: diederit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx