Re: [Xen-users] Xen alternatives

To: "Pierre \"Le Pierrot\"" <cestpierre@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen alternatives
From: "John Madden" <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:07:00 -0500 (EST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:13:19 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I've looked at Xen, Ms Virtual Server, Qemu, VMWare, bochs and

The requirement to run Windows is what gets you here.  (Search freshmeat.net --
there are probably another half-dozen that'll do Linux under various
virtualization models).   To run the other OS, you're limited in the type of
virtualization that you can do to begin with, which limits your choices in the
end.  How about running MS Virt for your Windows virtualization and the Linux
equivalent for your Linux virtualization?  Xen is the front-runner of just one
form of virtualization, so look at the other software available if you simply
can't get it to work.

John

--
John Madden