[Xen-users] is XEN valid to test device drivers?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] is XEN valid to test device drivers?
From: Rubén Porras <nahoo82@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:36:51 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:50:14 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reading the installation manual, i've encounterd this paragraph:

"Note that the only difference between the two types of Linux kernels that are built is the configuration file used for each. The ``U'' suffixed (unprivileged) versions don't contain any of the physical hardware device drivers, leading to a 30% reduction in size; hence you may prefer these for your non-privileged domains. The ``0'' suffixed privileged versions can be used to boot the system, as well as in driver domains and unprivileged domains."

I would like to use Xen to test faulty linux drivers, without possibly damaging my machine, I mean, I would like to run a linux faulty module in a kernel within XEN in an unprivileged domain, is this possible with XEN?, after reading that I'm startint to think than the kernels in the unprivileged domain doesn't use its own drivers at all.

Thanks.