[Xen-users] Re: Xen-3.0. Manually network switch

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen-3.0. Manually network switch
From: Sami Haahtinen <ressu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:56:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:02:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> since the effort for getting bonding interfaces to work is a bit to high for
> our scenario, I'm developping some other solution for a better network
> safety:

I'm using a similar setup to virtualize my firewall. In my setup eth1 is
connected to the internet and xenbr1 and eth0 is connected to the local
net and xenbr0. The reason why it's this way around is that i'm lazy and
don't want to manually refer to the bridge in all configs ;)

> The dom0 has two physical network interfaces eth0, eth1. What I'd like to
> create is a simple script that creates a second bridge with eth1 rather than
> eth0. Replacing peth0 with eth1 does not work.

I never really figured out the network-bridge script, it was a horror to
try and decipher it. I created the following script to do the work for me:

- --8<--
#!/bin/sh
# Invoke network-bridge script multiple times

XENSCRIPTDIR=/etc/xen/scripts
# Run twice
for i in 0 1; do
  ${XENSCRIPTDIR}/network-bridge vifnum=$i netdev=eth$i bridge=xenbr$i $@
done
- --8<--

put that in your Xen script directory and adjust your xend-config.sxp to
use that as the network-bridge script. It will create xenbr0 and xenbr1
for you with the original script.

- - S