[Xen-users] Xen 3.0 & modem in DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 & modem in DomU
From: Gelpi Andrea <corona@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:05:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:29:43 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
        I need to install hylafax inside a domU. So I need access to ttyS0.

I read lots of post but I can only use it on dom0.

I install xen 3.0 binary over a debian 3.1 stable an I used kernel 2.6.12.6-xen in both dom0 & domU to have access to various modules.

In grub I changed the parameter console=tty with xencons=tty to have access to ttyS and I modify the permission of /dev/ttyS0 from 660 to 666.

With this 2 modification I can access ttyS on Dom0.

What Have I to do to have it working under domU?

I got this messages during boot of my domU:

serial_core: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 8 ports, IRQ sharing disabled

Thanks,
Andrea Gelpi