[Xen-users] Serial port in domU/0

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Serial port in domU/0
From: "William Man" <williamman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:40:33 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:44:30 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am looking to using a serial port for a bit of gadget.  Every thing works
under Debian Sarge, but since I've installed xen I can't seem to access it
on any of the DomU, even Dom0.

I've read some of the archive listings, and some people have manged this. In
my grub this is what I have:
title           Xen-Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.11-ocxen0
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /xen.gz dom0_mem=65536 physdev_dom0_hide='(00:14.0)'
xencons=off console=vga
module          /xen-linux-2.6.11-ocxen0 root=/dev/hda2 ro vga=771
console=vga xencons=off
savedefault
boot

I've read that I need to enable the serial drivers on dom0, but I can't
figure out how.
Could anyone give me some pointers?

Also, I've downloaded the kernel source and wanted to see how to allow
hiding and exposing serial ports to domU, can anyone give me the heads up
before I dig into it?

Any help I'll be grateful.

Cheers