Re: [Xen-users] Xen newbie question

To: Angela Gavazzi <edv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen newbie question
From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 10:10:21 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:10:58 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Angela Gavazzi wrote:
Hallo!

After succesfully installing xen(-3.0) for the first time from binaries ( 2.6.12.6-xen0) under kubuntu-breezy without problems now I'm trying to get a virtual machine up and running. I followed this howto:
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_xen_setup_debian_ubuntu
and I also read the mini-howto:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/UbuntuHoaryHowTo
from the wiki.

After installation I debootstrapped a debian installation, and after that I would like to run it as virtual machine.
Unfortunately my vm "stays" at the point of starting crond.
After commenting the getty lines in the inittab, I don't have the rewpawn lines, but no more happens.

there is clearly something wrong with those instructions. I followed them as well and had problems creating the virtual images. Once I worked through the problems, I had an image that would not boot. xen complained about hot plug scripts not running.

I really need to automate the image construction process so we will have a repeatable process for producing these images.

---eric