Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 RPM Release on CentOS 4.2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 RPM Release on CentOS 4.2
From: Michael Best <mbest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:50:55 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 04:51:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aaron // LT wrote:
As Xen 3 has just been released I decided to test the binary/RPM releases used for RHEL 4.1 for CentOS 4.2. I had to make a few modifications to the install scripts to get working. I have made a modification to the script, and provided a download for it.

Note: The script has been modified to download the binaries from our website to alleviate load on the Xensource servers. This means that the files may be slightly out of date when you download this script.
Installing:
wget http://www.crucialp.com/xen/xen3/xen-install-centos42
sh xen-install-centos42 install

Uninstalling:
sh xen-install-centos42 uninstall

Only limited testing has been done by www.crucialp.com, and we provide no guarantee it will work.

Hope this helps.

We rebuilt the 4.2 Centos glibc with the -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs

For now these packages "xen.0.c4" are available at:
http://www.karan.org/mock/Xen/i386/

-Mike