[Xen-users] Xen freezes entire computer when creating domain...

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen freezes entire computer when creating domain...
From: John Staton <jstaton@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:19:13 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:19:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all, long time listener, first time caller,

So I have Xen 2.0.7 running and bootable, and xend start works, and xm lists
works, but when I try to create a new domain/VM (the ttylinux VM given in the
Xen documentation), the entire machine freezes.

Could it be because of networking issues?  To get Xen to boot properly, I had to
hide the Ethernet pci device because otherwise the system would restart when it
got to loading eth0 (restart without warning, too...)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to possible explanations/solutions arriving as soon
as possible...

--
John Staton
Graduate Student