Re: [Xen-users] XenLinux 2.4.30 - help

To: Siju George <sijugeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XenLinux 2.4.30 - help
From: "Jorge I. Davila L." <davila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 15:13:08 -0600
Cc: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:12:37 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the problem with depmod disappears if you symlink /sbin/depmod.old
to /sbin/depmod

El sáb, 03-12-2005 a las 10:24 -0800, Siju George escribió:
> Thanks Dirk for your response,
>
> I got XenLinux 2.6.11 working on Fedora 3 with Xen 2.0.7. I need some
> XenLinux 2.4 kernel also. Frdora does not allow building 2.4 kernel.
> depmod gives errors.Thats why I tried dbian.
>
> I installed debian 3.1 stable (with 2.4 kernel ). Downloaded and
> un-tarred Xen 2.0.7 and executed make linux24. I can try other
> distribution/configuration for getting this working. If somebody got
> 2.4.30 XenLinux working, I would like to know the system configuration
> they used for build.
>
> Thanks,
> Siju
>
> "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Hi Siju,
>
>         there is more input needed. Could you describe in detail what
>         you
>         installed (debian stable, testing, unofficial xen-debs?), what
>         sources
>         you used for building etc.
>
>         Is there any reasong why you try 2.4.30? I could point you to
>         working
>         howtos with 2.6.11.
>
>         Dirk
>
>         Siju George schrieb:
>
>         >Hello,
>         >
>         >I'm trying to build XenLinux 2.4.30 on debian. I get
>         >the following error for make linux24
>         >
>         >make[2]: *** No rule to make target `skbuff.c',needed
>         >by
>
> >`/usr/src/xen-2.0/linux-2.4.30-xen0/include/linux/modules/skbuff.ver'.
>         > Stop.
>         >
>         >Could somebody help me resolve this error. Or if this
>         >is some problem with the system configuration that I'm
>         >using, could somebody suggest a working configuration
>         >?
>         >
>         >Thanks for any help
>         >-Siju
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >__________________________________________
>         >Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
>         >Just $16.99/mo. or less.
>         >dsl.yahoo.com
>         >
>         >
>         >_______________________________________________
>         >Xen-users mailing list
>         >Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         >http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
>         >
>         >

Jorge Isaac Davila Lopez
-
sitio web: http://www.nicaraguaopensource.com/
correo-e: davila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-
clave pgp: http://www.nicaraguaopensource.com/claves/nos.asc
huella digital: F8F4 8563 28D2 29E1 E2EA 9EAB CA0F A96F A3EE 6F56