RE: [Xen-users] how does domU support ppp??

To: <axanet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] how does domU support ppp??
From: "Brian Lavender" <Brian.Lavender@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:58:05 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:29:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would do your dial up connection in Dom0 and then do the bridging there so that DomU sees the vif as its virtual interface. I assume you are using Xen 3? If you are using it, you can look at the /etc/xen (I believe this is correct) for the network scripts. I think you might have to
make some modifications to bridge from ppp0. I would have to go through the exercise of setting this up to verify, but Ewan made some nice ASCII art diagrams in the networking scripts. If you can find them, I can get the details once I get access to a machine with Xen 3.

brian