RE: [Xen-users] Re: 32 bit versus 64 bit

To: "Andi Kleen" <ak@xxxxxxx>, "Sami Haahtinen" <ressu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Re: 32 bit versus 64 bit
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:15:16 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:15:39 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This comment isn't exactly to Andi's comments, just general:
If you're planning on running Xen with para-virtualized DomU, that is
without AMD SVM [aka Pacifica] or Intel VT, then your DomU needs to be
the same bitness (and PAE-setting) as the Dom0 and Xen kernel.

So you can't just mix'n'match DomU's and Dom0/Xen.

With SVM/VT it would be possible to mix any in DomU with a Dom0 that is
"bigger" than the DomU.

--
Mats