RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 Test CD v1 released

To: "Andrew Walrond" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 Test CD v1 released
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:24:44 -0000
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:24:49 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 14:18, Ian Pratt wrote:
> >
> > It would be very helpful if you could arrange to run the test CD on
> > all the hardware platforms you're serious about wanting to
> run Xen on (i.e.
> > not that old 486 you have in the cupboard under the stairs :-)
> >

> Should I have received an email confirming receipt of the
> test results? I assumed I would since I was asked for my
> email address.  So now I'm wondering whether the results
> actually got sent, or whether I should do a manual upload.
>
> Guidance appreciated, before I test the next batch of machines.

We hadn't actually thought of sending a 'results received OK' email, but
it's a good idea. (We were collecting the email address mainly so that
we could contact people who had machines exhibiting bugs and ask them to
run follow up tests)

I think what we'll do is modify the script that processes the results to
generate a summary and then email that back to the submitter.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ian