Re: [Xen-users] can i start xp in fedora with xen?

On Monday 21 November 2005 12:05, Mustafa Abbasi wrote:
> On 11/21/05, shams <shams24@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > hi,
> > i am runing fedora core and kernel-xen0 is installed can i run xp with
> > fedora?
>
> no not out of the box.
>
> i am wondering about this too.
> the website says that windows xp was modifired to run xen but not released
> due to licensing.
>
> can i modify my own copy of xp to run in xen???

Well, sure.

Start off by aquiring the Windows XP source code from Microsoft.
There are several (legal) ways to do this, most include ridiculous large sums
of money or political pressure from your government.

If you happen to work at an university doing research MS is interested in, you
might also have luck and they already have the source.

Then start patching the source + recompile XP. Good luck.

It might be faster and cheaper to just wait for the next generation of
Intel/AMD CPUs with hardware virtualization support, with those you won't
need a modified Guest OS.

/Ernst