[Xen-users] nfs mountpoints

To: XEN User - listmembers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] nfs mountpoints
From: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:41:42 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:41:49 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi there!

i'm currently building a clustered environment of dom0 for domU's
possible to migrate
between them.
by now, the domU's rootfs is mounted via nfs from one single nfsd w/
reiser4 in the net.
this works nice, but a COW-fs would do it better :) . i found very
rare infos about this
parallax fs integration in xen, but this seems to be under heavy
development and not
going to get productive right now?
another solution with COW support, that works LOCALLY was a lvm setup
(well only one
vg over one pv) with the rootfs as real lv. the VM's rootfs has been
done via "lvmcreate -s"
as snapshot. Well, as said, this did it LOCALLY and -except of some
unremovable snapshots-
worked also very well.
I'm searching for a solution with networktransparent COW support. I've
only found the gfs
via gndb / ccs from the RedHat Clustersite. This looks interresting,
but i think this thingy
will lead me to some headaches :)
Does someone here do know a netwide mountable COW fs? Or, maybe some
better idea of
solving/performing this issue?

Thanks in advance

Stephan Seitz