RE: [Xen-users] Dom0 seeing 2Gb, but not 4GB ram

To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Dom0 seeing 2Gb, but not 4GB ram
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:58:58 +0100
Cc: Mark Lassiter <mackdaddylassiter@xxxxxxxxx>, katzj@xxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:01:23 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAE is supported in K6, K7/Athlon+Duron as well as
K8/Athlon64+Opteron+Sempron. Absolutely sure about this.

Obviously doesn't help explaining what the problem is for Mark L.

--
Mats

[snip]
> I don't believe I can use PAE, thats an intel thing,
> right?

It should work on Opteron AFAIK.

What you're seeing seems pretty weird... can you check your normal
kernel
definitely isn't using PAE?  I guess it's possible you need PAE to see
all
your memory, but "losing" 2Gig seems just bizarre to me.