Re: AW: [Xen-users] Re: Xen Servers with official IPs

To: "Richter, Sven" <Sven.Richter@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: AW: [Xen-users] Re: Xen Servers with official IPs
From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:25:55 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:23:49 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Richter, Sven wrote:
Have you got some sample configuration ?

The configuration isn't Xen-specific -- you just go into your DomU and give it an IP address the same way you'd assign an IP address on any other system (so, in SuSE, editing /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0... or using one of the many other available mechanisms). Consequently, when you ask for a "sample configuration", I'm not clear what you're asking about. Are you saying you don't know how to assign an IP in SuSE? If so, you should probably look into that before you start playing with Xen.

Now, if you don't have your DomU bridged to the rest of your network, they won't be able to talk even after you have an IP assigned... but that's a completely separate issue.