Re: [Xen-users] installing a new domU

To: Fred Blaise <chapeaurouge@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] installing a new domU
From: benjamin <benjaminrtz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:36:09 +0530
Cc: Gabriel Patiño <gepatino@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:03:29 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ok, I got the idea... but has anyone succeeded in installing directly
from cdrom? Is that even possible at this time?

No, at this time.  VMware has virtual BIOS and not Xen at this time. Right now, the closest you can do with this idea is to boot off the cdrom and install it in a  different partition. Then you configure a domU pointing to that partition. The archive should have a lot of info about this.

--
benjamin rualthanzauva