Re: [Xen-users] debian+xen: System fails to mount swap, mydql not starti

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] debian+xen: System fails to mount swap, mydql not starting
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:02:26 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:01:21 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 14 October 2005 04:17, Badiane Ka wrote:
> My most pressing problem is why mounting swap fails in
> all my domU's.
>
> My disks are LVM based.
> /dev/xen/www_swap for example it the (duh!) swap space
> for the www domain and exported from the xen file as
> disk = [ 'phy:xen/www,sda1,w' ,
> 'phy:xen/www_swap,sda2,w' ]
..
> So I formated the main storage area as XFS and ran
> mkswap on the {domUname}_swap areas.
>
> When I boot the domU it fails.

did you try to "mkswap /dev/sda2" from inside the domU?

Would at least let us know if the xen blockdevice for sda2 fails or if your
xenU linux kernel fails to activate it... On that note: you did compile your
xenU kernels with swap support, right?

/Ernst