Re: [Xen-users] How stable is unstable?

To: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How stable is unstable?
From: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:12:55 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:10:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It is unstable by definition:-)

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:

Hi folks,

someone on this list wrote that xen unstable is quite stable and he is running it for quite some time without problems – as far as I remember.

I have tried it myself and am quite disappointed so far. I have tried the source from yesterday (domU could not connect to the assigned partitions and vifs), then I tested the src from 27-09 I happened to have - the domU crashed on restart and shutdown, even simply writing files from pico was a pain.

So I would like to know: How is the experience from all others out there? Is anybody running it and experiences it as "quite stable".

Any comment is welcome.

Dirk