Re: [Xen-users] how to compile a xen kernel (on debian testing)?

To: Ralph Passgang <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to compile a xen kernel (on debian testing)?
From: Matus Harvan <m.harvan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:20:53 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:18:30 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2005-09-30 16:08, Ralph Passgang wrote:
> No, I don't believe so. I am running a small but fine build-host with
> pbuilder
> and some script to automaticly update & build debian source packages for
> multiple releases.

Actually, you're right. I have screwed up /etc/apt/preferences and got a
 lot of unstable packages. Just trying to downgrade it back to testing.
Once this is done, I will try compiling xen again.

> Yes, you can use it if you want.
>
> For testing use this line in your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
>  deb http://packages.debianbase.de/etch/i386/xen ./
>
> It is a normal xen 2.0.7 with two small patches:
>  - a patch for a xm save/restore problem (patch by Ian Pratt (included
> already
> in xen-testing)
>  - a oatch which enables the build of sv (xensv)
>
> There are NO xen kernel images in these packages, so you have to compile a
> kernel for dom0 (any maybe domU's) on yourself.
>
> if you want to compile the package yourself (and want to check if this works
> on your testing host) use this line in your sources.list:
>
> deb-src http://packages.debianbase.de/sources/xen ./
> (you must have installed the debian kernel-source and kernel-patch-debian for
> 2.6.11 before compiling)
>
> feedback appreciated :)

Thanks, will try to compile it myself and give feedback as soon as I'm
back at testing.

Matus