[Xen-users] domU save files

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] domU save files
From: "Alan Greenspan" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:18:59 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:18:54 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A couple questions about domU save files (suspended domU state).

Is there a header that can be used to determine attributes of the saved domU (e.g. domU name, #VCPUs, RAM size, device mappings - essentially the config data).   We'd like to know, prior to restoring a domU, what it expects from the host environment and what devices it plans to access.

Are save files compressed in any way or do they contain holes for unallocated pages of domU RAM.

Thanks,
Alan