Re: [Xen-users] Using bonding-device bond0 for Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using bonding-device bond0 for Xen
From: "Richard Mayer" <shiny.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:52:46 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:50:48 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you very much for the information!
I managed to create a static bridge-device und disabled the
"network"-script. Now I can reach the Xen0 - Domain from the XenU -
Domain but not any further.

This is what I did to my /etc/network/interfaces:

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet static
         address ipaddress
         gateway gatewayaddress
         network networkaddress
         netmask 255.255.255.0
        pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
        pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth1 up
        pre-up /sbin/ifconfig bond0 up
        pre-up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth0
        pre-up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth1
        pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addbr br-bond0
        pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addif br-bond0 bond0

As I said, I can reach the Xen0-Domain now.
Could you maybe send your configuration file?
This bridge-stuff is pretty new to me... :)

Regards

Richard

Andreas Bach Aaen (AH/TED) wrote:
> On Torsdag 08 september 2005 15:28, Richard Mayer wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>did anybody succeed to use Xen 2.0.7 with a Bonding-Device in dom0?
>

> Yes almost. I have used it with success on Xen 2.0.6
>

>>I have configured a Bonding-Device consisting of eth0 and eth1 for
redundancy reasons in dom0. I don't succeed in using this device with
Xen.
>>I adopted some scripts in /etc/xen/scripts:
>

> I have just shortcutted the network script and setup a static
configuration
> elsewhere in Dom0.
> Remember that interfaces added to a bridge may not have an IP address.
You can
> provide the bridge with an IP address, but not the interfaces attached
to it.

> You must setup a bridge and then add your bond0 interface to the bridge.
The DomU's that you add will then need an entry like: