RE: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] VMX Hardware

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] VMX Hardware
From: "Shane O'Donnell \(shodonne\)" <shodonne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:44:13 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:10:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope you aren't in a hurry to do your benchmarking on AMD's Nested
Page Tables since their initial launch of Pacifica won't include this
support.

This info came from an AMD "fellow" (sorry--names have eluded
me--"Richard Brunner" seems right) at the Xen BoF @ Linux World (8/10)
who indicated that this functionality will be added in later.  This was
the same BoF where Intel demonstrated Win XP running natively on Xen on
a development VT platform -- good stuff.

Disclaimer: Intel also noted at the same meeting that their ultimate for
roadmap for VT (the new name for Vanderpool) will also be delivered in
staged releases.

Shane O.