Re: [Xen-users] Xen boot problems

To: Derrik Pates <demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen boot problems
From: Wesley Parish <wes.parish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:44:04 +1200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:38:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:49, Derrik Pates wrote:
> Wesley Parish wrote:
> > I've downloaded the laura debian Xen distro, and installed it, and now
> > when I try to boot it, it comes up with "CPU0 fried", and some words
> > above it saying that it can't get enough memory.
>
> Did you add the stanza to GRUB's config file as noted in the
> documentation? Particularly, what did you pass for the 'dom0_mem='
> argument to the hypervisor itself? Did it start outputting Linux kernel
> boot messages, or was it just Xen boot messages? How much memory does
> the machine in question have installed?

No, I haven't done that yet.  I didn't think it was necessary.

They weren't Linux boot messages, so they would've been Xen.

The machine has 1 GB installed.  That's why it puzzled me - 1 GB's plenty
memory, and it runs the XenDemoCD like a dream.  I've run two instances of
FreeBSD, two of NetBSD, and three of XenDebian without any problem.

Oh, well, I've got several liveCDs handy - I can get it fixed without any
problem.

Thanks

Wesley Parish
-----