Re: [Xen-users] How to migrate?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to migrate?
From: daniele patoner <daniele.patoner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:01:31 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:00:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert Fargher wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm in the process of learning Xen and am having a spot of bother > > with live
> migration of a domU.  It may be just a blind spot in my (lack of)
> understanding the documentation on migration but it makes no sense to > me.

Xen do not migrate the filesystem, the root filesystem of Rayah1 (domU) must reside on a third machine, and exported via NFS or DRBD (http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/gnbd/gnbd_usage.txt), DRBD, ATA over ethernet.

In brief

Set up a 3° machine, copy the rajah1 filesystem on 3° Machine and export via NFS (for testing) or GNBD (production) to Rajah.

Test that Rajah e Kodiak are able to mount the remote filesystem.

Configure Rajah1 on Rajah to boot with the remote filesystem.

'Xm migrate Rajah1 kodiak' move processes and ram to kodiak but disconnect(umount) the remote root filesystem in Rajak and reconnect(mount) the root filesystem in kodiak.

Daniele