Re: [Xen-users] Sharing filesystems between VMs.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Sharing filesystems between VMs.
From: Andy Davidson <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:34:53 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:33:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daniel Hulme wrote:
You should export it read-only to everything. If xm-manager mounts it
read-write, the filesystem will be marked as dirty.

Thanks for your help. I grabbed some sources for a kernel claiming to be linux-2.6.11-xenU and it seems that I'll need to rebuild the kernel (from looking at the .config shipped with it) to support some of the alternative filesystems mentioned by others on the list.

The comment mentions sda6-8, but these are not configured. This means
that the thing below,

I incredibly lazilly crafted a few changes from the default config file which shipped with the Xen distribution.. I do need to go through the tweaking and sanity checking route before full production use.

Thanks for the pointers though.

-a