Re: [Xen-users] Has 2.4 kernel support ended on xen?

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Has 2.4 kernel support ended on xen?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:27:12 +0100
Cc: Shahzad Chohan <shahzad.chohan@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:25:42 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > On my system the build failed with a load of timer related
> > errors - I assume this is due to the new timer API but I
> > haven't looked into that stuff yet.
>
> Yep, Steve fixed the USB problem (by removing it from the build), but

Should only matter if the USB frontend was configured in though (Shahzad, were
you trying to build this?).  Somehow the USB config options survived the
removal of the code, they should be ditched until the 2.6 USB backend is
merged.

> the recent changes to the time API are more tricky. Someone is going to
> need to look at the 2.6 diffs and apply some thought...

I'm nosing through it - I hadn't looked at the new time API.  Looks like it
could take a while.

Cheers,
Mark