Re: [Xen-users] serial port in domain > 0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] serial port in domain > 0
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:43:08 +0100
Cc: mikee <mpokrywka@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:41:56 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't think there's a way to dedicate serial ports to domains.  It shouldn't
be technically hard but nobody has wanted to do it before.  We'd take a patch
to enable it but in the absence of that I'm afraid you'll have to work around
this issue - most simple is probably to control the modem from dom0 and then
allow the domU to access the resulting network connection.

Cheers,
Mark