Re: [Xen-users] Boot Errors modules.dep

To: jona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Boot Errors modules.dep
From: Lee Azzarello <lee.azzarello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:42:01 -0400
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:40:45 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 14:32 +0100, Jona Young wrote:
> Hey all,
> My VPS system is now booting up perfectly apart from the following errors:
> "Checking for new hardwaremodprobe: FATAL: Could not load
> /lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1387_FC4xen0/modules.dep: No such file or directory

As root, try running 'depmod -a'. The modules.dep file should be in the
same directory as the version of your running kernel. For example, this
command should output the correct path of the modules.dep file you are
concerned with. The output on my laptop follows:

lee@inspiron1150:~$ ls -d /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep
/lib/modules/2.6.12.2/modules.dep

--
Lee Azzarello