[Xen-users] Re: xen SUSE 9.3 ReiserFS domU not finding root fs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: xen SUSE 9.3 ReiserFS domU not finding root fs
From: Daniel Netzer <daniel.netzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:11:06 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:19:42 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Everything is fine with my Suse93/XEN now. I used the rpms on the DVD and used
file-backed (lopp-mounted) domU. That was a mistake. Lots of trouble with yast
"installing into a directory for XEN" module.

Now I use LVM and everything works. BUT after using yast for installing into a
directory for XEN I had to MANUALLY COPY initrd-xen and kernel-xen to the newly
created domU filesystem (have a look for the links in /boot - mine pointed to
"nowhere"). After inserting "initrd-xen" everything is ok now.

Hope that helps
Dan