Re: [Xen-users] lvm root partition

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] lvm root partition
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:57:10 +0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:56:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Richard Heycock wrote:

Has anyone had any joy running lvm as the root partition on a domain 0
machine?

I've download the 2.0.6 source and built that (I'm using xfs so I have
to compile from scratch -- the only difference is I've added xfs.) but
when I come to boot into the xen kernel it cannot find the root
partition.

I believe you don't have the correct initrd image for that version of xen kernel.

By default, kernel modules are included in initrd, so using different kernel means you have to create a different initrd. In my case, to simplify things I include all disk drivers (SCSI, ext3, reiserfs, etc) and LVM driver in the kernel (not as a module), so I can use the same initrd image (which only contains executable and scripts, with no kernel module) for all versions of Xen kernels and native linux kernels.

Regards,

Fajar