Re: [Xen-users] missing drivers, am I confused?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] missing drivers, am I confused?
From: Sascha Retzki <sretzki@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:48:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:49:08 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 02:42:06PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > Ehm, I tried my luck with a 2.6.11 (that which ships with xen-2.0.6)
> > and tried to find my NICs, soundcard and so on under
> > make ARCH=xen menuconfig
> > but, I can't. I am seriously confused, why is that?
>
> Unless you enable Physical Device Access in the Xen section of the config,
> the
> Drivers section of the kernel config won't be very interesting ;-)  I seem to
> remember these defaulting to off...  Anyhow - if you enable that, and
> Privileged Domain then it should work.
>
> You might need to also go switch on "PCI Bus Support" somewhere.

Ough what a hell :-) . So why is so much stuff disabled? I mean,
if I make menuconfig without setting ARCH, it is assumed that my machine
has a PCI-bus, but with Xen, it is not?

However thanks for the pointer, it still fails (probably because other
important yet configureable stuff have been disabled, too) but I have
something to look for ;-)