Re: [Xen-users] can't allocate more than ~800MB to dom0

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] can't allocate more than ~800MB to dom0
From: Jeb Campbell <jebc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:10:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:10:18 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sam Elstob wrote:
If I try to start my Linux dom0 with more than than about 800M it won't
boot.  I have 2G of RAM.  What's going on?  Something to do with x86
memory architecture?  Also how do I get a a xen dmesg from the previous
boot?

Check how much memory you have free (from dom0) with "xm info" -- you can't give more than that. Either reboot with less memory for dom0, or ballon dom0/domU('s) down.

Can't get a xen dmesg from the previous boot, but you can look at the current one with "xm dmesg". Of course you could script your dom0 to save it with "xm dmesg > xen-dmesg.$number" on startup.

--
Jeb Campbell
jebc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx