Re: [Xen-users] UnionFS + Xen

Hi Gino,

Mind if I ask a couple questions about your UnionFS setup?

I've managed to come up with something pretty neat -- a shared base
image with unionfs providing an overlay for a "delta" filesystem that
allows each host to customize the image to their heart's content while
storing only the changes (deltas).

Google turns up a couple projects using that name. Are you using the one from Stony Brook (http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html), or a different one?

I customized the initrd process to union mount the baseroot filesystem with the "delta" filesystem and overlay that as root.

Are there any pitfalls to watch out for in creating this initrd, or is it pretty straightforward?

Thanks,
mukesh