Re: [Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on CentOS]

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on CentOS]
From: "Gino LV. Ledesma" <gledesma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:01:47 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:01:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'd love to help out in building the RPMs. I recompile a lot of RPMs
(and most are easy since the SRPMS for Centos/RHEL are available) and
wouldn't mind contributing. :-)

I'm currently running Centos 4 dom0s and domUs, and MySQL is one of
the biggest thorns since it was built against NTLM.

As for going back on topic...

This is what's in my grub.conf:

title Xen 2.0.6 / Centos 4 2.6.11
    kernel /xen.gz dom_mem=524288
    module /vmlinuz-2.6.11.10-xen0 root=LABEL=/ ro nousb
    module /initrd-2.6.11.10-xen0.img

Assumptions:
- I have a dedicated /boot partition so everything is relative to
that. Otherwise, you'd be putting in /boot/xen.gz,
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.10-xen0, and /boot/initrd-2.6.11.10-xen0.img
- I put the 'nousb' option there as recommended for the Dell PowerEdge 1850s
- The initrd I made for myself. You can use Centos's included initrd
initially if you want, though don't be surprised to see errors when

To create your own "clean" initrd, boot into the system and type the following:

# mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.11.10-xen0.img 2.6.11.10-xen0

This assumes that your kernel version is 2.6.11.10-xen0. man mkinitrd
for more info.

HTH,

gino ledesma