Re: [Xen-users] Monitor Network Traffic per Domain

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Monitor Network Traffic per Domain
From: Michael Warner <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:04:43 -0600
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2005 03:00:41 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was wondering if theres any way I can monitor total bytes sent and recieved by a single Domain without installing anything on the guestos itself. I´ve been trying out a few different options but none seem to be working out. I´m using bridged networking, each domain has a unique public IP.

You can see the totals per guest vif using either ifconfig or cat /proc/net/dev

Ian

This works partially, but I need a way to monitor total usage over time. So any script that relies on statistics from each vif will get thrown off if I ever restart a domain or start them in a different order.

-Mike