Re: [Xen-users] oom-killer keeps killing big un-tars

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] oom-killer keeps killing big un-tars
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:48:40 +0100
Cc: Andrew Thompson <xenuser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:54:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are you running any guest domains?  What are you using for the other domains
filesystems?  Things like LVM snapshots and (especially) loopback devices
over NFS can use lots of (non swappable) kernel memory in dom0 and cause OOM
conditions quite easily.

Cheers,
Mark