Re: [Xen-users] Ether bonding with Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Ether bonding with Xen
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:48:44 +0100
Cc: "Lars E. D. Jensen | DCmedia" <ledj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:49:20 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> How is ether bonding handled with Xen?

Basically do what you'd do under normal Linux and it should work OK.

> Is it possible to use bonding inside a xen virtual server by bonding dom0s
> eth0 and eth1 or should a domU connect to dom0s "bond0" (eth0-eth1)?

If you set up bonding in dom0 and arrange to attach bond0 to the bridge then
it should Just Work (likewise for routed setups).  You may need to edit a few
of the networking scripts / configuration files under /etc/xen to make it all
work.

> Is there any xen configuration examples using bonding somewhere?

Not that I know of - you get to be our pioneer :-) (feel free to post a HOWTO
to the Wiki)

Cheers,
Mark