Re: [Xen-users] Changing domain 0 memory

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kenneth Power <telcor@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Changing domain 0 memory
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:00:47 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:04:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You don't need to restart domains to change their memory allocation, this
includes dom0.

Use "xm balloon domid target-mb" to request a domain to "balloon" its memory
to the target value.

Use "xm maxmem domid max-mb" to subsequently tell Xen to prevent the domain
unballooning to more than "max-mb"

If you try to reduce a domain to something too small then it'll have out of
memory problems - just think twice when you balloon so you don't shoot
yourself in the foot ;-)

Cheers,
Mark