Re: [Xen-users] Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found
From: Gisbert Amm <gia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:23:51 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:24:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There was no other domain running at all. After rebooting the host system another time, the domain comes up again as before. Strange.

However, thank you very much.

Gisbert

Christian Kelinski wrote:
Hi,

How many domains do you use? How many are running while trying
to create "lxgia"?

After rebooting the host machine I'm getting "Error creating domain:
vbd: Segment not found" on a formerly working domain:

According to the FAQ, you get this error if your dom0 runs out of
loop-back devices:

"By default, Linux only allows up to 8 loop-back devices to be active.
You can increase this number by setting max_loop=32 (etc) on the
domain 0 kernel command line in Grub."

Greetings,
Christian