Re: [Xen-users] New Xen Install

To: rjackson@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] New Xen Install
From: Michael McCabe <mccabemt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:45:26 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:45:20 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert
There are Fedora and Suse xen binaries. Check the archives of the list for a link to the Suse binaries (they were mentioned in the past couple of days). The Fedora binaries are included in Fedora Core 4 Test 1 and are also in Rawhide.

Mike

Robert Jackson wrote:

First let me start out with the fact that I have been lurking on the list for a while, and I am finally getting ready to start testing Xen. I have checked out most if not all of the documentation found on the http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/ site as well as the wiki found at xen.terrabox.com.

I just have a few questions for the Xen Masters:

* Are there any distros that include xen binaries so that I could run dom0 without having to compile the kernel/utilities?
*  What sort of gotcha's should I be on the lookout for?

I am going to attempt to document my installation to help get some more newbie level documentation out there.

Thanks for the hints/tips/help,

Robert Jackson